Carlisle Soccer parents have done a great job of creating a positive game day environment even while we hear stories of ugly parental behavior elsewhere. Always remember that this is just a game and it’s for the kids.
At least one board member will be on duty at the Carlisle Soccer Complex on game days. If you notice someone else forgetting that it’s just a game, please contact a board member to handle the situation.
We’ve achieved our success over the past three years largely because of the hard work by a core group of volunteers who have stepped up to the plate early and often. As we grow, however, we need more people to accept our challenge to volunteer. The first step was to let everyone know that they’d be called upon to volunteer during the registration process. Those who are too busy to volunteer had the opportunity to opt out by paying a $25 fee. For the rest of us, are you ready to go to work?!
Team Parent Responsibilities:
- organize and distribute a treat and drink schedule for the team (the schedule will already be made for u6 teams)
- call or email a reminder to the treat and drink provider for the upcoming game
- provide water (water cooler with cups or extra water bottles) at practices and games for the team members that may have forgotten to bring water
- call or email the team parents in regard to a game cancellation or a change in the game schedule unless the coach has chosen to fulfill this job
- call or email your team volunteers ( a list of volunteers will be provided for you) when needed for fundraising or grounds work
Some teams bave already identified team parents from past seasons, and for others, this will be a new experience. In both cases, team parents are a great help for the coaches, and are very appreciated by all.